AuraPlayer deployment for external users and Mobile devices Follow
The following requirements are to make AuraPlayer accessible by users from outside of your Internal network. The users would be able to access either the web application on AuraPlayer or services on AuraPlayer.
In this case you would want the AuraPlayer web server to be secured with SSL, and accessed via HTTPS.
The requirements to have public access to AuraPlayer application/services through HTTPS:
- There MUST have a PUBLIC FQDN ( Fully Qualified Domain Name, for example: https://www.company.com)
- There MUST be a valid SSL certificate on the domain server.
- There MUST be an accessible url from the external network to the AuraPlayer web server.
Ways to implement the above:
1. Company that has F5 or equivalent
- Create rule on F5, that would redirect a specific url to AuraPlayer that is on the internal network.
2. Company that does not have F5 or equivalent
- Install a web server on DMZ (tomcat or weblogic)
- Set the web server to have public IP and FQDN.
- Setup the web server with valid SSL certificate.
- Deploy AuraPlayer on that web server.