Create Users and Roles in WebLogic Follow
AuraPlayer's Service Manager uses WebLogic's user management system for authentication.
Service Manager's default configuration grants full access permissions to group members of the Administrators group, and limited access to group members of the Operators group.
Additionally Service Manager has pre-configured roles of three custom security Groups:
• ServiceManagerAdmins – members can fully administer the Service Manager.
• ServiceManagerDevelopers – members can create/access all resources, cannot manage server configuration.
• ServiceManagerManagers – members can administer their own data only.
• ServiceManagerUsers– members have limited accessibility.
In order to use these roles, they must be created in WebLogic's administration console, and then optionally create new users or use existing users to be associated with these groups.
Creating Groups in WebLogic's Administration console
1. Log in to WebLogic's Administration console
2. On the left pane, click "Security Realms"
3. Choose your realm
4. Click "Users and groups"
5. Click "New" to create a new group
6. Enter the name of the group, in this example: "ServiceManagerAdmins" (or other)
7. Click "OK"
Creating a new User in WebLogic's Administration console
1. In the Users and Groups configuration page, click "Users"
2. Click "New" to create a new user
3. Enter name and password and click OK
Associate a User with Group in WebLogic's Administration console
1. Click on the user to be configured
2. Click "Groups" from the top menu
3. Choose the desired group from the list (e.g. ServiceManagerAdmins )
4. Click the top right arrow to move group from the Available list to the Chosen list
5. Click Save
6. User now has group permissions, repeat as needed, restart is not required.